Golf courses are timeless assets that leave an indelible legacy long beyond those chartered with the responsibility of designing them have gone.¬†Today, more than ever, environmental sustainability is crucial. The Golf by Design team is committed to creating golf courses that are carbon¬†positive and incorporate environmental best practice.
We achieve this through a number of initiatives:
¬†Mapping of the carbon footprint of golf courses through the planning, design and development, construction and maintenance phases.
¬†Consideration and management of the biodiversity of the site including:
- Ensuring the highest standards of water management (both ground and surface) encompassing¬†usage, harvesting, recycling and filtration.
- Integration, where appropriate, of adequate buffer zones to areas of high ecological¬†significance.
- Preservation and enhancement of riparian zones and their management.
- Preservation and enhancement of native habitat.
- Appropriate selection of turf grass.
- Soil management and erosion control.
- Energy conservation.
- Air and noise management.
- Protection of sensitive receptors.
- Education and training.¬†
Design of first class maintenance facilities, including appropriate storage of hazardous¬†chemicals and well designed wash down areas.